Thursday, September 20, 2007

Homeownership, got to love it!!!

Ok, not a big major improvement problem, but the little things add up. So last night, before bed, I tried turning off the light in the bathroom, but it didn't go off. The button broke on the dimmer switch so I could, basically not dim at all. No biggie right? It was a biggie when I went to go get a new one!!! $29 dollars for a friggin new and exact switch, WTF!!! Its just a light switch!! So whatever, I decided to down grade, even that would of cost me 20 bucks except that I found the same exact one with the wrong price tag for 5 dollars cheaper. I also went in there for light bulbs for the new fan that was installed (by me). Trying to be the conservationist, I bought those compact flourecents. The two pack was 7 bucks, but I needed 3 bulbs, you can do the math. So saving the world is going to cost me little more, so be it. All I have to say is that those things better not burn out until im dead and gone!! Then I realized I need to shore up the back deck a little because its starting to sag. Whomever decided to build this big hunkering monstrosity of a deck, did not set the posts in with cement. So in the meantime, until I have time, I just shored it up with some 2 bys. Those two bys were cut up with my new circular saw blade, 14 bucks. So with just a couple of simple do it yourselves projects, the total for today was almost 50 dollars..........got to love being a home owner!!

-mike

ps we went apple picking yesterday, a story and goofy pics to follow.

1 comment:

Eric said...

This is why I tell people that owning a home is not a good investment. Add these up over the life of the loan and you can see why:)