Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cells phone cause brain tumors?

So I was at Macy's today shopping for shoes. I was on my cellphone tracking down Michael who seemed to be lost in the store, as this one lady goes up to me and says "Not so close to me". I'm like, "Excuse me?". Then she goes on this rant about how cell phones cause brain cancer/tumors. And how dare I go close to her with my dangerous cell phone waves. I told her that it wasn't a proven fact that it was true. Then she goes on and on about cell phones and brain tumors. I then, tell her that I'm a nurse. And then she tells me that I should know better. Excuse me!? I should know better. Seriously. I was seriously pissed off by this for some reason. As I was walking away, I could hear her saying that nurses and neurologists are all gonna have brain cancer one day. I turn around and just give her a nasty look. To top it all off, I was just standing in one spot talking on my cell phone, and she comes closer to me, because of where the shoes were. How crazy is that!? There are some crazy people out there.

3 comments:

Eric said...

Even if cell phones cause cancer, I have a news flash for that lady: She's being bombarded with them every second of every minute of every day. So if they really do cause tumors, it's likely we are all going to get them no matter we do.

Sue said...

Wow, what a crazy lady. There is no connection as of right now. In an article I read, the studies that have been done said that people who used cell phones actually had a lower brain tumor risk.

Anonymous said...

Coming from working at a mental psychology office i might say: CRAZY LADY alert :) Yeah I agree they are everywhere, cell phones, no matter where you go. Even in the ER we asked people to turn off there cell phones, not that they were a health hazard or you were going to get a tumor :) That they were a distraction while they were being cared for. People are nuts! Good for you Joyce giving her a stare down!